International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) - Summaries & Evaluations
VOL.: 5 (1974) (p. 39)
CAS No.: 140-57-8
5. Summary of Data Reported and Evaluation
5.1 Animal carcinogenicity data
AramiteR is carcinogenic in the rat and dog following its oral
administration. It produced liver tumours in the rat and carcinomas of
the gall bladder and biliary ducts in the dog.
AramiteR was tested in 4 strains of mice by the oral route and
produced a significant increase of hepatomas in males of one strain.
No tumours were reported in limited studies involving skin application
and subcutaneous injection (single-dose) in mice.
5.2 Human carcinogenicity data
No epidemiological studies were available to the Working Group.
Subsequent evaluation: Suppl. 7 (1987) (p. 57: Group 2B)
For definition of Groups, see Preamble Evaluation.
- 2-(4-tert-Butylphenoxy)-l-methylethyl 2-chloroethyl sulfite
- 2-(p-tert-Butylphenoxy)isopropyl 2-chloroethyl sulfite
- 2-(p-tert-Butylphenoxy)isopropyl 2'-chloroethyl sulfite
- 2-(p-tert-Butylphenoxy)-l-methylethyl 2-chloroethyl ester of sulfurous acid
- 2-(p-tert-Butylphenoxy)-l-methylethyl 2-chloroethyl sulfite
- 2-(p-tert-Butylphenoxy)-l-methylethyl 2'-chloroethyl sulfite
- 2-(p-tert-Butylphenoxy)-l-methylethyl sulfite of 2-chloroethanol
- b-Chloroethyl-b-(p-tert-butylphenoxy)-a-methylethyl sulfite
- b-Chloroethyl-b'-(p-tert-butylphenoxy)-a'-methylethyl sulfite
- 2-Chloroethyl sulfite of 1-(p-tert-butylphenoxy)-2-propanol
- Compound 88R
- 2-Chloroethyl 1-methyl-2-(p-tert-butylphenoxy)ethyl sulfate
- Ester of 2-chloroethanol with 2-(p-tert-butylphenoxy)-l-methyl sulfite
Last updated: 17 March 1998