|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible under specific conditions. Liquid formulations containing organic solvents may be flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames.||Use water spray, foam, powder, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPLOSION||Risk of fire and explosion if formulations contain flammable/explosive solvents.|
|EXPOSURE||PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST!|
|Inhalation||Use ventilation (not if powder).||Fresh air, rest.|
|Skin||Protective gloves.||Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap.|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Wear safety spectacles.||Rinse with plenty of water (remove contact lenses if easily possible). Refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: particulate filter respirator adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into covered containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: Xn, N; R: 43-48/22-50/53; S: (2)-36/37-60-61
Causes serious eye irritation
May cause damage to liver through prolonged or repeated exposure
Toxic to aquatic life
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Separated from food and feedstuffs. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
Physical State; Appearance
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point: No boiling point at normal pressure; decomposes on heating
Melting point: 173-177°C
Relative density (water = 1): 1.2
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 25°C: (none)
Vapour pressure, Pa at 20°C: (negligible)
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 2.34
|The substance is toxic to aquatic organisms. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
Temperature of decomposition is unknown in the literature.
Carrier solvents used in commercial formulations may change physical and toxicological properties.
If the substance is formulated with solvents also consult the ICSCs of these materials.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations Atrazine (HSG 47, 1990) Atrazine (PDS) Atrazine (IARC Summary & Evaluation, Volume 53, 1991) Atrazine (IARC Summary & Evaluation, Volume 73, 1999)