TYPES OF HAZARD
|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE-FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Not combustible. Liquid formulations containing organic solvents may be flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media.|
|EXPLOSION||Risk of fire and explosion if formulations contain flammable/explosive solvents.|
|EXPOSURE||PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST! STRICT HYGIENE! AVOID EXPOSURE OF ADOLESCENTS AND CHILDREN!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Sweating. Pupillary constriction, muscle cramp, excessive salivation. Dizziness. Vomiting. Laboured breathing. Unconciousness.||Use ventilation (not if powder), local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer for medical attention. See Notes.|
|Skin||Protective gloves.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap.|
|Eyes||Wear safety spectacles or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Abdominal cramps. Diarrhoea. Headache. Nausea. Vomiting. Weakness. Further see Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Give a slurry of activated charcoal in water to drink. Refer for medical attention . See Notes.|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into covered containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: T+, N; R: 26/28-50/53; S: (1/2)-36/37-45-60-61
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: I
Fatal if swallowed or if inhaled
Causes damage to central nervous system
Causes damage to the central nervous system through prolonged or repeated exposure
Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Transport Emergency Card: TEC (R)-61GT7-I.||Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Separated from food and feedstuffs. Keep in a well-ventilated room.|
Physical State; Appearance
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Decomposes at 150°C
Melting point: 153°C
Density: 1.2 g/cm³
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 25°C: 0.07
Vapour pressure, Pa at 33°C: 0.0027
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 2.32
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. This substance may be hazardous to the environment. Special attention should be given to soil organisms, bees and birds. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
Carrier solvents used in commercial formulations may change physical and toxicological properties.
If the substance is formulated with solvents also consult the ICSCs of these materials.
Card has been partially updated in April 2013: see GHS classification.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations Carbofuran (Pesticide residues in food: 1979 evaluations) Carbofuran (Pesticide residues in food: 1980 evaluations) Carbofuran (Pesticide residues in food: 1996 evaluations Part II Toxicological) Carbofuran (JMPR Evaluations 2002 Part II Toxicological)