|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Highly flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames, NO sparks and NO smoking. NO contact with oxidants or acids.||Use powder, alcohol-resistant foam, water in large amounts, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPLOSION||Vapour/air mixtures are explosive. Risk of fire and explosion on contact with oxidants.||Closed system, ventilation, explosion-proof electrical equipment and lighting. Do NOT use compressed air for filling, discharging, or handling. Use non-sparking handtools.||In case of fire: keep drums, etc., cool by spraying with water.|
|EXPOSURE||AVOID ALL CONTACT!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat. Burning sensation. Nausea. Headache. Vomiting. Laboured breathing. Convulsions.||Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Half-upright position. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED! Redness. Pain. Further see Inhalation.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||First rinse with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, then remove contaminated clothes and rinse again. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||Rinse with plenty of water (remove contact lenses if easily possible).|
|Ingestion||Sore throat. Further see Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Rest. Do NOT induce vomiting. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Remove all ignition sources. Evacuate danger area! Consult an expert! Personal protection: complete protective clothing including self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Collect leaking liquid in sealable non-plastic containers. Do NOT absorb in saw-dust or other combustible absorbents. Absorb remaining liquid in sand or inert absorbent. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Put breakable packaging into closed unbreakable container.
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: F, T, N; R: 45-11-23/25-34-51/53; S: 53-45-61; Note: E
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Subsidiary Risks: 3 and 8; UN Pack Group: I
Highly flammable liquid and vapour
Toxic if swallowed
Toxic in contact with skin
Fatal if inhaled vapour
Causes mild skin irritation
Causes eye irritation
Suspected of causing genetic defects
Suspected of causing cancer
Causes damage to organs
Causes damage to the nervous system and the blood through prolonged or repeated exposure if inhaled
Toxic to aquatic life
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
Transport Emergency Card: TEC (R)-61GTFC-I.
NFPA Code: H4; F3; R1.
|Fireproof. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Separated from strong oxidants and strong acids. Dry. Well closed. Keep in a well-ventilated room. Do NOT store or transport in containers made from plastic. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS FUMING HYGROSCOPIC LIQUID WITH PUNGENT ODOUR. TURNS YELLOW ON EXPOSURE TO AIR.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point: 64°C
Melting point: -58°C
Relative density (water = 1): 0.8
Solubility in water: very good
Vapour pressure, kPa at 20°C: 13.7
Relative vapour density (air = 1): 2.1
Relative density of the vapour/air-mixture at 20°C (air = 1): 1.2
Flash point: -15°C c.c.
Auto-ignition temperature: 249°C
Explosive limits, vol% in air: 2.4-20
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: -1.19
Viscosity: 0.6 mm²/s at 25°C
|The substance is toxic to aquatic organisms. It is strongly advised not to let the chemical enter into the environment.|
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
The symptoms of lung oedema often do not become manifest until a few hours have passed and they are aggravated by physical effort.
Rest and medical observation are therefore essential.
Immediate administration of an appropriate inhalation therapy by a doctor or a person authorized by him/her, should be considered.
The odour warning when the exposure limit value is exceeded is insufficient.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
Rinse contaminated clothes with plenty of water because of fire hazard.
Dimazine is trade name.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations