|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Liquid formulations containing organic solvents may be flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media.|
|EXPOSURE||STRICT HYGIENE! AVOID EXPOSURE OF ADOLESCENTS AND CHILDREN!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Sweating. Muscle twitching. Pupillary constriction, muscle cramp, excessive salivation. Diarrhoea. Dizziness. Laboured breathing. Vomiting. Convulsions. Unconciousness. Symptoms may be delayed. See Notes.||Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED! Further see Inhalation.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Abdominal cramps. Further see Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Induce vomiting (ONLY IN CONSCIOUS PERSONS!). Give a slurry of activated charcoal in water to drink. Refer immediately for medical attention. See Notes.|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Collect leaking and spilled liquid in sealable non-metallic containers as far as possible. Absorb remaining liquid in sand or inert absorbent. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Severe marine pollutant.
Symbol: T+, N; R: 24-28-68-50/53; S: (1/2)-23-36/37-45-60-61
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: II
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Transport Emergency Card: TEC (R)-61GT6-II.||Store in an area without drain or sewer access. Well closed. Keep in a well-ventilated room. Separated from bases and food and feedstuffs.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS-TO-YELLOW OILY LIQUID.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its aerosol, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point at 0.2kPa: 162°C
Melting point: -45°C
Relative density (water = 1): 1.2
Solubility in water: miscible
Vapour pressure, Pa at 20°C: 0.0033
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 0.8
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. This substance may be hazardous to the environment. Special attention should be given to birds and bees. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
Commercial product is a mixture of isomers.
Carrier solvents used in commercial formulations may change physical and toxicological properties.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
Pillarcron, Dimecron and Phosron are trade names.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations Phosphamidon (PIM 454) Phosphamidon (FAO Meeting Report PL/1965/10/1) Phosphamidon (FAO/PL:CP/15) Phosphamidon (FAO/PL:1968/M/9/1) Phosphamidon (FAO/PL:1969/M/17/1) Phosphamidon (WHO Pesticide Residues Series 2) Phosphamidon (WHO Pesticide Residues Series 4) Phosphamidon (Pesticide residues in food: 1982 evaluations) Phosphamidon (Pesticide residues in food: 1986 evaluations Part II Toxicology)