TYPES OF HAZARD
|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE-FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire. Liquid formulations containing organic solvents may be flammable.||NO open flames.||Use water spray, foam, powder, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPLOSION||Risk of fire and explosion if formulations contain flammable/explosive solvents.||In case of fire: keep drums, etc., cool by spraying with water.|
|EXPOSURE||PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat.||Use ventilation (not if powder), local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Seek medical attention if you feel unwell.|
|Skin||Redness. Burning sensation. Numbness. Tingling sensation. Itching.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Seek medical attention if you feel unwell.|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain. Watering of the eyes.||Wear face shield.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Numbness of tongue and lips. Abdominal pain. Vomiting. Excessive salivation. Muscle twitching. Unconsciousness. Convulsions.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: particulate filter respirator adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Do NOT wash away into sewer. Sweep spilled substance into covered containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations. See Notes.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: T, N; R: 23/25-50/53; S: (1/2)-24-28-36/37/39-38-45-60-61
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: II
Toxic if swallowed or if inhaled
Causes mild skin irritation
Causes eye irritation
Causes damage to central nervous system
May cause respiratory irritation
Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Store only in original container. Separated from food and feedstuffs. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
Physical State; Appearance
ODOURLESS COLOURLESS CRYSTALLINE POWDER.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Melting point: 98-101°C
Relative density (water = 1): 0.5
Solubility in water at 20°C: none
Vapour pressure, Pa at 20°C: <10
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 5.43
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
If the substance is formulated with solvents also consult the ICSCs of these materials.
Carrier solvents used in commercial formulations may change physical and toxicological properties.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations Deltamethrin (EHC 97, 1990) Deltamethrin (HSG 30, 1989) DELTAMETHRIN (JECFA Evaluation) Deltamethrin (Pesticide residues in food: 1980 evaluations) Deltamethrin (Pesticide residues in food: 1981 evaluations) Deltamethrin (Pesticide residues in food: 1982 evaluations) Deltamethrin (Pesticide residues in food: 1984 evaluations) Deltamethrin (JMPR Evaluations 2000 Part II Toxicological) Deltamethrin (UKPID) Deltamethrin (IARC Summary & Evaluation, Volume 53, 1991)