|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible. Liquid formulations containing organic solvents may be flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames.||Use water spray, foam, powder, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPLOSION||Risk of fire and explosion if formulations contain flammable/explosive solvents.|
|EXPOSURE||PREVENT GENERATION OF MISTS! STRICT HYGIENE! AVOID EXPOSURE OF ADOLESCENTS AND CHILDREN!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Pupillary constriction, muscle cramp, excessive salivation. Sweating. Nausea. Dizziness. Laboured breathing. Weakness.||Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED! Further see Inhalation.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Pupillary constriction. Blurred vision.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Abdominal cramps. Vomiting. Diarrhoea. Convulsions. Unconsciousness. Further see Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Give a slurry of activated charcoal in water to drink. Induce vomiting (ONLY IN CONSCIOUS PERSONS!). Rest. Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT wash away into sewer. Collect leaking and spilled liquid in sealable containers as far as possible. Absorb remaining liquid in sand or inert absorbent. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: T; R: 25; S: (1/2)-24-36/37-45
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: III
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Transport Emergency Card: TEC (R)-61GT6-III.||Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Separated from food and feedstuffs. Keep in a well-ventilated room.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS-TO-PALE YELLOW OILY LIQUID WITH CHARACTERISTIC ODOUR.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its aerosol, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point at 0.07kPa: 93°C
Relative density (water = 1): 1.2
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 20°C: 0.03
Vapour pressure, Pa at 20°C: 0.025
Relative vapour density (air = 1): 7.9
Relative density of the vapour/air-mixture at 20°C (air = 1): 1.00
|This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
If the substance is formulated with solvents also consult the ICSCs of these materials.
Carrier solvents used in commercial formulations may change physical and toxicological properties.
Methylsystox is a trade name.
Also consult ICSC 0705 Demeton-S-methyl.
Card has been partly updated in October 2005.
See section Emergency Response.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations