|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames.||Use water spray, foam, powder, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPOSURE||STRICT HYGIENE! PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST!|
|Inhalation||Sore throat. Cough. Burning sensation.||Use local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||Redness. Pain.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||Rinse with plenty of water (remove contact lenses if easily possible). Refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Sore throat. Burning sensation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.||Rinse mouth. Rest. Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into covered containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: III
Harmful if swallowed
Causes skin irritation
Causes serious eye irritation
Toxic to aquatic life
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Store only in original container. Store in an area without drain or sewer access. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Separated from oxidants and food and feedstuffs. Ventilation along the floor.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS CRYSTALS WITH CHARACTERISTIC ODOUR.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point at 99.2kPa: 211°C
Melting point: 59°C
Solubility in water, g/100ml: 0.2 (poor)
Vapour pressure, Pa at 25°C: 7
Relative vapour density (air = 1): 5.6
Relative density of the vapour/air-mixture at 20°C (air = 1): 1.00
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 3.14
|The substance is toxic to aquatic organisms. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
Insufficient data are available on the effect of this substance on human health, therefore utmost care must be taken.
The substance is combustible but no flash point is available in literature.
Also consult ICSC 0438 2,4-Dichlorophenol and 0440 3,5-Dichlorophenol.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations