|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible. Liquid formulations containing organic solvents may be flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames.||Use water spray, foam, powder, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPLOSION||Risk of fire and explosion on confinement and exposure to high temperatures.||Combat fire from a sheltered position.|
|EXPOSURE||AVOID ALL CONTACT! AVOID EXPOSURE OF ADOLESCENTS AND CHILDREN!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Sweating. Headache. Laboured breathing. Nausea. Vomiting. Fever. Convulsions. Unconciousness. Cyanosis||Use ventilation (not if powder), local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Skin||EASILY ABSORBED! Redness. Further see Inhalation.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Abdominal pain. Further see Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Rest. Give a slurry of activated charcoal in water to drink. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: filter respirator for organic gases and particulates adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into covered sealable containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: T, N; R: 61-62-24/25-36-44-50/53; S: 53-45-60-61; Note: A, E
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: II
Fatal if swallowed
Fatal in contact with skin
Fatal if inhaled dust
Causes serious eye irritation
May damage fertility or the unborn child
Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Separated from strong bases and food and feedstuffs. Cool. Keep in a well-ventilated room. Well closed. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
Physical State; Appearance
YELLOW CRYSTALS. BROWN VISCOUS OILY LIQUID WITH CHARACTERISTIC ODOUR.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Melting point: 26-27°C
Boiling point at 0.53kPa: 170°C
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 20°C: 0.22
Relative vapour density (air = 1): 9.7
Vapour pressure, Pa at 20°C: 0.08
Flash point: >100°C
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. This substance may be hazardous to the environment. Special attention should be given to birds, bees and mammals. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
Temperature of decomposition is unknown in the literature.
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Carrier solvents used in commercial formulations may change physical and toxicological properties.
If the substance is formulated with solvents also consult the ICSCs of these materials.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
See ICSC 0149 Dinoseb.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations