|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Not combustible. Liquid formulations containing organic solvents may be flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media.|
|EXPOSURE||STRICT HYGIENE! AVOID EXPOSURE OF ADOLESCENTS AND CHILDREN!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Pupillary constriction, muscle cramp, excessive salivation. Sweating. Nausea. Vomiting. Dizziness. Convulsions. Unconciousness.||Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED! Redness. Pain. Further see Inhalation.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain. Blurred vision.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Abdominal cramps. Vomiting. Diarrhoea. See Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Rest. Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into covered sealable containers. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations. If liquid: collect leaking liquid in sealable containers as far as possible. Absorb remaining liquid in sand or inert absorbent. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: Xn, N; R: 21/22-36/38-50; S: (2)-36/37-61
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: III
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Transport Emergency Card: TEC (R)-61GT6-III.||Separated from strong oxidants, strong acids and food and feedstuffs. Dry. Well closed. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS-TO-YELLOW LIQUID OR WHITE CRYSTALS WITH PUNGENT ODOUR.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its aerosol, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point at 0.066kPa: 110°C
Melting point: 26.5-27.5°C
Relative density (water = 1): 1.96 (25°C)
Solubility in water: none
Vapour pressure, Pa at 20°C: 0.26
Relative vapour density (air = 1): 13.2
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 1.38
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. This substance may be hazardous to the environment. Special attention should be given to bees. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
Carrier solvents used in commercial formulations may change physical and toxicological properties.
See ICSC 0690 Dichlorvos (decomposition product of Naled).
Card has been partially updated in November 2008: see Occupational Exposure Limits.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations