TYPES OF HAZARD
|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE-FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Not combustible.||In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media.|
|EXPOSURE||PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST! AVOID ALL CONTACT!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat. Wheezing.||Use closed system or ventilation.||Fresh air, rest. Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||Redness.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse skin with plenty of water or shower. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Redness.||Wear safety goggles, face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Nausea. Vomiting. Abdominal pain. Diarrhoea.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Sweep spilled substance into covered containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: T, N; R: 45-22-50/53; S: 53-45-60-61; Note: E
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: II
Harmful if swallowed
Fatal if inhaled
May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled
May cause an allergic skin reaction
May cause genetic defects
May cause cancer
Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child
Causes damage to the kidneys through prolonged or repeated exposure
Harmful to aquatic life
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Separated from food and feedstuffs.|
Physical State; Appearance
YELLOW CRYSTALLINE POWDER.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its aerosol and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Density: 3.9 g/cm³
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 15°C: 0.12 (poor)
|This substance may be hazardous to the environment. Special attention should be given to aquatic organisms. It is strongly advised not to let the chemical enter into the environment because it is persistent.|
Do NOT take working clothes home.
Anyone who has shown symptoms of asthma due to this substance should avoid all further contact.
The symptoms of asthma often do not become manifest until a few hours have passed and they are aggravated by physical effort. Rest and medical observation are therefore essential.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations