TYPES OF HAZARD
|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE-FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames.||Use water spray, foam, powder, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPOSURE||PREVENT GENERATION OF MISTS! AVOID ALL CONTACT!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Blue lips, fingernails and skin. Headache. Dizziness.||Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Administration of oxygen may be needed. Refer immediately for medical attention. See Notes.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED! Further see Inhalation.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Administration of oxygen may be needed. Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. See Notes. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||Rinse with plenty of water (remove contact lenses if easily possible).|
|Ingestion||Nausea. Further see Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.||Administration of oxygen may be needed. Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Give one or two glasses of water to drink. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Evacuate danger area! Consult an expert! Personal protection: chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Do NOT wash away into sewer. Collect leaking liquid in sealable containers. Absorb liquid in sand or inert absorbent. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: T; R: 45-23/24/25-68; S: 53-45; Note: E
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: III
Harmful if swallowed
May be harmful in contact with skin
Suspected of causing cancer
Causes damage to blood
May cause damage to blood through prolonged or repeated exposure
Toxic to aquatic life
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|NFPA Code: H2; F1; R0.||Store only in original container. Keep in a well-ventilated room. Separated from strong oxidants, acids, chloroformates and food and feedstuffs. Store in an area without drain or sewer access. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing.|
Physical State; Appearance
RED-TO-YELLOW OILY LIQUID WITH CHARACTERISTIC ODOUR. TURNS BROWN ON EXPOSURE TO AIR.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its vapour, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point: 224-225°C
Melting point: 5°C
Density (at 20°C): 1.09 g/cm³
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 20°C: 1.5 (moderate)
Vapour pressure, kPa at 20°C: 5
Relative vapour density (air = 1): 4.3
Relative density of the vapour/air-mixture at 20°C (air = 1): 1.0
Flash point: 107°C c.c.
Auto-ignition temperature: 430°C
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 1.18
Viscosity: 2.028 mm²/s at 55°C
|The substance is toxic to aquatic organisms. It is strongly advised not to let the chemical enter into the environment.|
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
See also ICSC 0971 p-Anisidine.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations