|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames, NO sparks and NO smoking.||Use water spray, powder, foam, carbon dioxide. Evacuate area, fight fires only from an explosion-resistant location.|
|EXPLOSION||Risk of fire and explosion. Explosive.||Prevent build-up of electrostatic charges (e.g., by grounding). Use non-sparking handtools. Do NOT expose to friction or shock.||In case of fire: keep drums, etc., cool by spraying with water. NO direct contact with water. Combat fire from a sheltered position.|
|Inhalation||Headache. Dizziness. Nausea. Weakness. Flushing of the face. Chest pain. Symptoms may be delayed. See Notes.||Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED! See Inhalation.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||See Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Induce vomiting (ONLY IN CONSCIOUS PERSONS!). Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Evacuate danger area! Consult an expert! Personal protection: complete protective clothing including self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Collect leaking and spilled liquid in sealable containers as far as possible. Absorb remaining liquid in sand or inert absorbent. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: E, T+; R: 2-26/27/28-33; S: (1/2)-33-35-36/37-45
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Fireproof. Store in a separate building. Separated from acids and food and feedstuffs. Cool. Well closed.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS-TO-YELLOWISH OILY LIQUID.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its aerosol, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point: 114°C (explodes)
Melting point: -22°C
Relative density (water = 1): 1.49
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 25°C: 0.5
Vapour pressure, Pa at 20°C: 7
Relative vapour density (air = 1): 5.2
Relative density of the vapour/air-mixture at 20°C (air = 1): 1.0
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 1.16
|The substance is harmful to aquatic organisms.|
Symptoms such as chest pains or palpitations that can develop during periods away from work may be indicative of toxicity of the substance and should be reported immediately to the responsible physician.
Use of alcoholic beverages enhances the harmful effect.
Rinse contaminated clothes (fire hazard) with plenty of water.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is indicated.
Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations