|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible.||NO open flames.||Use alcohol-resistant foam. Use dry powder. Use carbon dioxide.|
|EXPLOSION||Above 70°C explosive vapour/air mixtures may be formed.||Above 70°C use a closed system and ventilation.|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat.||Use ventilation.||Fresh air, rest.|
|Skin||Redness.||Protective gloves.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap.|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Wear safety goggles.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Burning sensation. Headache. Dizziness. Nausea. Drowsiness.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.||Rinse mouth. Give one or two glasses of water to drink. Do NOT induce vomiting. Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: filter respirator for organic gases and vapours adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Cover the spilled material with inert absorbent. Collect leaking and spilled liquid in sealable containers as far as possible.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: III
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Transport Emergency Card: TEC (R)-61GT1-III.||Separated from strong acids, oxidants and food and feedstuffs.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS LIQUID WITH CHARACTERISTIC ODOUR.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its vapour and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point: 175°C
Melting point: -34°C
Density: 0.82 g/cm³
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 20°C: 0.1
Vapour pressure, Pa at 20°C: 15
Relative vapour density (air = 1): 4.01
Relative density of the vapour/air-mixture at 20°C (air = 1): 1.01
Flash point: 70°C c.c.
Auto-ignition temperature: 275°C
Explosive limits, vol% in air: 0.9-?
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 2.62
|The substance is harmful to aquatic organisms.|
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations