TYPES OF HAZARD
|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE-FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Not combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media.|
|EXPOSURE||PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST! AVOID ALL CONTACT!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Shortness of breath. Sore throat.||Use local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||Redness.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse skin with plenty of water or shower. Seek medical attention if you feel unwell.|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Wear safety goggles or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Abdominal pain. Nausea. Vomiting.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Give one or two glasses of water to drink. Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: particulate filter respirator adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into covered containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Harmful if swallowed
Causes skin and eye irritation
May cause respiratory irritation
May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled
May cause an allergic skin reaction
May cause cancer if inhaled
Suspected of causing genetic defects
May damage fertility or the unborn child
May cause damage to lungs if inhaled
May cause damage to thyroid, bone marrow and heart through prolonged or repeated exposure if swallowed
Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Separated from strong oxidants. Store in an area without drain or sewer access. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing.|
Physical State; Appearance
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Melting point: 140°C
Density: 1.7 g/cm³
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 25°C: (very good)
|Bioaccumulation of this chemical may occur in seafood.|
The symptoms of asthma often do not become manifest until a few hours have passed and they are aggravated by physical effort. Rest and medical observation are therefore essential.
Anyone who has shown symptoms of asthma due to this substance should avoid all further contact.
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
The melting point caused by loss of crystal water is given.
The recommendations on this Card also apply to Cobalt (II) acetate anhydrous (CAS 71-48-7).
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations