|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Not combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media.|
|EXPLOSION||In case of fire: keep cylinder cool by spraying with water.|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat. Nausea. Vomiting. Tremor.||Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Half-upright position. Refer for medical attention. See Notes.|
|Skin||ON CONTACT WITH LIQUID: FROSTBITE.||Cold-insulating gloves.||ON FROSTBITE: rinse with plenty of water, do NOT remove clothes.|
|Eyes||Redness.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|NEVER direct water jet on liquid. Remove vapour with fine water spray. Personal protection: gas-tight chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: T, N; R: 23-48/20-50; S: (1/2)-45-63-60-61
UN Hazard Class: 2.3
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Transport Emergency Card: TEC (R)-20G2T.||Fireproof if in building. Keep in a well-ventilated room. Cool. Separated from food and feedstuffs.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS ODOURLESS COMPRESSED OR COMPRESSED LIQUEFIED GAS.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point: -55.3°C
Melting point: -135.8°C
Density: 3.72 g/l
Solubility in water, ml/100ml: 4-5
Vapour pressure, kPa at 21.1°C: 1.7x10^3
Relative vapour density (air = 1): 3.5
Turn leaking cylinder with the leak up to prevent escape of gas in liquid state.
The symptoms of lung oedema often do not become manifest until a few hours have passed and they are aggravated by physical effort.
Rest and medical observation is therefore essential.
High concentrations in the air cause a deficiency of oxygen with the risk of unconsciousness or death.
Check oxygen content before entering area.
There is no odour warning even when toxic concentrations are present.
Card has been partly updated in October 2004.
See sections Occupational Exposure Limits, EU classification, Emergency Response.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations Sulfuryl fluoride (JMPR Evaluations 2005 Part II Toxicological)