|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible.||NO open flames.||Use powder, carbon dioxide, foam.|
|EXPLOSION||Above 80°C explosive vapour/air mixtures may be formed.||Above 80°C use a closed system and ventilation.|
|EXPOSURE||PREVENT GENERATION OF MISTS!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat. Shortness of breath.||Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Half-upright position. Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||Redness. Pain. Burning sensation. Skin burns.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse skin with plenty of water or shower. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain. Severe deep burns.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Burning sensation in the throat and chest. Abdominal pain. Shock or collapse.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.||Rinse mouth. Give one or two glasses of water to drink. Do NOT induce vomiting. Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Collect leaking liquid in sealable plastic containers. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
UN Hazard Class: 8; UN Pack Group: III
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Separated from strong oxidants, strong bases, acid anhydrides, acid chlorides, metals and food and feedstuffs.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS-TO-YELLOW LIQUID WITH CHARACTERISTIC ODOUR.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point: 223°C
Melting point: -6.8°C
Relative density (water = 1): 0.98
Solubility in water, g/100ml at 20°C: 0.2 (poor)
Vapour pressure, Pa at 20°C: 5
Relative vapour density (air = 1): 5.2
Flash point: 80°C c.c.
Auto-ignition temperature: 335°C
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 3.3
|The substance is toxic to aquatic organisms.|
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations