|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames, NO sparks and NO smoking.||NO water. Use dry powder, carbon dioxide, alcohol-resistant foam.|
|EXPLOSION||Above 30°C explosive vapour/air mixtures may be formed.||Above 30°C use a closed system, ventilation and explosion-proof electrical equipment.||In case of fire: keep drums, etc., cool by spraying with water. NO direct contact with water.|
|EXPOSURE||STRICT HYGIENE!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Sore throat. Burning sensation. Cough. Laboured breathing. Shortness of breath. Symptoms may be delayed. See Notes.||Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Half-upright position. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||Redness. Pain. Skin burns.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse skin with plenty of water or shower. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain. Severe deep burns.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Abdominal pain. Burning sensation. Shock or collapse.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Give one or two glasses of water to drink. Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Evacuate danger area! Consult an expert! Personal protection: chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Collect leaking and spilled liquid in sealable dry plastic containers as far as possible. Absorb remaining liquid in dry sand or inert absorbent. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Put breakable packaging into closed unbreakable container.
Symbol: T; R: 10-23-34; S: (1/2)-26-36-45
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Subsidiary Risks: 3 and 8; UN Pack Group: II
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Transport Emergency Card: TEC (R)-61GTFC-II.||Fireproof. Dry. Well closed. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Separated from food and feedstuffs. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
Physical State; Appearance
COLOURLESS LIQUID WITH PUNGENT ODOUR.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its vapour and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Boiling point: 138-145°C
Melting point: <-70°C
Density: 1.06 g/cm³
Solubility in water: reaction
Vapour pressure, kPa at 20°C: 0.72
Relative vapour density (air = 1): 4.72
Relative density of the vapour/air-mixture at 20°C (air = 1): 1.02
Flash point: 30°C c.c.
Auto-ignition temperature: 285°C
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 1.61 (calculated)
|The substance is toxic to aquatic organisms.|
Reacts violently with fire extinguishing agents such as water.
The symptoms of lung oedema often do not become manifest until a few hours have passed and they are aggravated by physical effort.
Rest and medical observation is therefore essential.
Immediate administration of an appropriate inhalation therapy by a doctor or a person authorized by him/her, should be considered.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations