|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible.||NO open flames.||Use water spray, foam, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPOSURE||AVOID ALL CONTACT! PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR! FIRST AID: USE PERSONAL PROTECTION|
|Inhalation||Coughing up blood. Blood in the urine. Bleeding under the skin. Symptoms may be delayed. See Notes.||Use closed system.||Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Skin||EASILY ABSORBED! See Inhalation.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Wear protective gloves when administering first aid. Remove contaminated clothes. See Notes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Eyes||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection if powder.||Rinse with plenty of water (remove contact lenses if easily possible).|
|Ingestion||Abdominal pain. Further see Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Give a slurry of activated charcoal in water to drink. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: T+; R: 28-48/23/24/25; S: (1/2)-36/37-44
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: I
Fatal if swallowed, in contact with skin or if inhaled
Causes damage to blood system
Causes damage to blood system through prolonged or repeated exposure
Toxic to aquatic life
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Separated from food and feedstuffs. Well closed. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
Physical State; Appearance
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its aerosol, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Decomposes at 338°C
Melting point: 147°C
Density: 1.3 g/cm³
Solubility in water: very poor
Vapour pressure, Pa at 25°C: (negligible)
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 4.3
|The substance is toxic to aquatic organisms. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
Isolate contaminated clothing by sealing in a bag or other container.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations