|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Combustible. See Chemical dangers Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames. NO contact with oxidants.||Use powder, water spray, foam, carbon dioxide.|
|EXPLOSION||Finely dispersed particles form explosive mixtures in air. Risk of fire and explosion on contact with strong oxidants. See Chemical Dangers.||Prevent build-up of electrostatic charges (e.g., by grounding).|
|Inhalation||Headache. Nausea. Vomiting.||Avoid inhalation of fine dust. Use local exhaust and breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||Redness. Tingling sensation.||Protective clothing. Protective gloves.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap.|
|Eyes||Redness. Watering of the eyes.||Wear face shield or safety goggles.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Burning sensation in the mouth. Excessive salivation. Headache. Nausea. Vomiting.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Give a slurry of activated charcoal in water to drink. Do NOT induce vomiting. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: filter respirator for organic gases and particulates adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Ventilation. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. If solid: sweep spilled substance into sealable containers. If liquid: collect leaking liquid in sealable containers as far as possible. Absorb remaining liquid in dry sand or inert absorbent. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Severe marine pollutant.
R: 23-28-50/53; S: (1/2)-36/37/39-45-60-61; Symbol: T+, N
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: II
Fatal if swallowed
Fatal if inhaled
Causes damage to nervous system
Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Keep in a well-ventilated room. Well closed. Separated from strong oxidants, strong acids and strong bases. Separated from food and feedstuffs. Store in an area without drain or sewer access. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing.|
Physical State; Appearance
BROWN CRYSTALS WITH CHARACTERISTIC ODOUR.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Melting point: 60°C
Solubility in water, mg/l at 20°C: 0.003
Density (at 20°C): 1.27 g/cm³
Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 5.9
Vapour pressure: negligible
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. The substance may cause long-term effects in the aquatic environment. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
When the substance is predominantly liquid the UN number is 3352 (Pyrethroid pesticide, liquid, toxic), 6.1, PG II.
Technical-grade cyfluthrin consists of a mixture of optical isomers. Toxicological properties may vary.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations Cyfluthrin (WHO Food Additives Series 39) CYFLUTHRIN (JECFA Evaluation) Cyfluthrin (Pesticide residues in food: 1987 evaluations Part II Toxicology) Cyfluthrin (UKPID)