TYPES OF HAZARD
|ACUTE HAZARDS / SYMPTOMS||PREVENTION||FIRST AID / FIRE-FIGHTING|
|FIRE||Not combustible but enhances combustion of other substances.||NO contact with combustible substances.||In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media.|
|EXPOSURE||PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST! AVOID ALL CONTACT!||IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Burning sensation. Sore throat. Cough. Wheezing. Laboured breathing.||Use closed system or local exhaust.||Fresh air, rest. Half-upright position. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||Redness. Pain. Skin burns.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||First rinse with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, then remove contaminated clothes and rinse again. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain. Blurred vision. Burns.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Nausea. Vomiting. Abdominal pain. Burning sensation. Diarrhoea. Shock or collapse.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Give one or two glasses of water to drink. Refer for medical attention .|
|PACKAGING & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Sweep spilled substance into covered containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment.||
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
Symbol: T, N; R: 45-22-50/53; S: 53-45-60-61; Note: E
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: III
May intensify fire; oxidizer
Toxic if swallowed
Harmful in contact with skin
Fatal if inhaled
Causes severe skin burns and eye damage
May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled
May cause an allergic skin reaction
May cause genetic defects
May cause cancer
May damage fertility or the unborn child
Causes damage to kidneys
Causes damage to the nose through prolonged or repeated exposure
Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|EMERGENCY RESPONSE||SAFE STORAGE|
|Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Dry. Well closed. Separated from combustible substances, reducing agents and food and feedstuffs. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
Physical State; Appearance
YELLOW CRYSTALS OR POWDER.
Occupational exposure limits
Routes of exposure
The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of dust, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|PHYSICAL PROPERTIES||ENVIRONMENTAL DATA|
Decomposes at 1020°C
Density: 3.12 g/m³
Solubility in water, g/100ml: 22.3 (good)
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. The substance may cause long-term effects in the aquatic environment. It is strongly advised not to let the chemical enter into the environment.|
Do NOT take working clothes home.
Anyone who has shown symptoms of asthma due to this substance should avoid all further contact.
The symptoms of asthma often do not become manifest until a few hours have passed and they are aggravated by physical effort. Rest and medical observation are therefore essential.
See Also: Toxicological Abbreviations