Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.
Fresh air, rest. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer for medical attention.
MAY BE ABSORBED! Redness. Pain.
Protective gloves. Protective clothing.
Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap.
Wear safety spectacles or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.
First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.
Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.
Rinse mouth. Induce vomiting (ONLY IN CONSCIOUS PERSONS!). Refer for medical attention .
CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING
Personal protection: chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Collect leaking liquid in sealable containers. Absorb remaining liquid in sand or inert absorbent. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.
According to UN GHS Criteria
Transportation UN Classification
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: I
Separated from food and feedstuffs.
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
METHYLCYCLOPENTADIENYL MANGANESE TRICARBONYL
PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION
Physical State; Appearance DARK ORANGE LIQUID WITH CHARACTERISTIC ODOUR.
Chemical dangers On combustion, forms irritating and toxic fumes including manganese oxides and carbon monoxide. Decomposes under the influence of light.
Molecular mass: 218.1
Boiling point: 231.7°C Melting point: 2.2°C Relative density (water = 1): 1.39 Solubility in water: none Vapour pressure, Pa at 20°C: 6.2 Flash point: 96°C c.c. Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 3.7
EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS
Routes of exposure The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure The substance is irritating to the eyes and skin. The substance may cause effects on the central nervous system, kidneys, liver and lungs. This may result in tissue lesions. Exposure at high levels could cause death. Medical observation is indicated.
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS
TLV: (as Mn): 0.2 mg/m3, as TWA; (skin)
The substance is toxic to aquatic organisms.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.
Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.