Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.
Fresh air, rest. Refer for medical attention.
MAY BE ABSORBED! Dry skin. Redness.
Protective gloves. Protective clothing.
Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap.
Wear safety spectacles or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.
First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.
Nausea. Vomiting. See Inhalation.
Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.
Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Give one or two glasses of water to drink. Refer for medical attention .
CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING
Evacuate danger area! Consult an expert! Remove all ignition sources. Cover the spilled material with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material. Do NOT wash away into sewer. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Personal protection: self-contained breathing apparatus.
According to UN GHS Criteria
Transportation UN Classification
UN Hazard Class: 3; UN Pack Group: I
PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION
Physical State; Appearance MOBILE LIQUID.
Physical dangers The vapour is heavier than air and may travel along the ground; distant ignition possible. The vapour mixes well with air, explosive mixtures are easily formed. As a result of flow, agitation, etc., electrostatic charges can be generated.
Boiling point: 20-200°C Relative density (water = 1): 0.70-0.80 Solubility in water: none Relative vapour density (air = 1): 3 - 4 Flash point: <-21°C Auto-ignition temperature: ~250°C Explosive limits, vol% in air: 1.3-7.1 Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 2-7
EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS
Routes of exposure The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its vapour, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure The substance is irritating to the eyes, skin and respiratory tract. If this liquid is swallowed, aspiration into the lungs may result in chemical pneumonitis. The substance may cause effects on the central nervous system.
Inhalation risk A harmful contamination of the air can be reached very quickly on evaporation of this substance at 20°C.
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure The substance defats the skin, which may cause dryness or cracking. The substance may have effects on the central nervous system and liver. This substance is possibly carcinogenic to humans.
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS
TLV: 300 ppm as TWA; 500 ppm as STEL; A3 (confirmed animal carcinogen with unknown relevance to humans)
The substance is harmful to aquatic organisms.
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested. The product may contain additives which may alter the health and environmental effects.
All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.
Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.